Monday, December 31, 2012

The US Coast Guard Cutter Thunder Bay

I decided to head down to the river today to catch what was going to be my last ship of the year.  I was going to grab pictures at Belle Isle but it was still not quite plowed out so I didn't stick around there.  That meant I went back to Milliken State Park to grab my pictures.
 As I was heading out of the car, I noticed this boat heading up the river.  So I snapped some pictures of her and it turns out that she is one I've not seen before.  I've seen her sisters but not this one.
 She is the US Coast Guard Cutter Thunder Bay.  She is one of the Bay Class tugboat/icebreakers.  She is similiar to the other Bay Class Cutters that I have taken pictures of.  Normally she is stationed in Rockland, Maine but she was brought here to help with icebreaking duties on the Lakes.
So we here at Michigan Exposures give you a friendly welcome and hope that you enjoy your stay here on the Great Lakes.  Sorry it was cold this morning.

No comments: