Monday, July 12, 2021

A Stop at Gerald R. Ford International Airport

 On the way over to Grand Haven, my mom saw some F/A-18s flying over Grand Rapids.   I saw a post in the Planespotting group that they were there.  Later, I found out that they were there for a funeral.  I figured they would have landed, so I stopped at the airport on the way back.

I stopped at the spotters park on the other side of the airport.  It gives a great view of the planes.  This A320 is getting ready to go to Atlanta in the morning.
Two of the F/A-18 Hornets that I saw.  I wish I could have caught them flying but this isn't a bad view.
A Fed Ex 757 at the cargo terminal.
The little plane is a Bombardier Challenger.  The bigger plane is an Embrear.
The other two F/A-18 Hornets.
A more overall view of the airport.
Just before I left this plane came in.
It was a CRJ-700 belonging to American Express coming in from Philadelphia.
About to land.
A puff of smoke as it touches down.
One more shot before heading home.

So my whirlwind day is bookended by two different airports at almost opposite ends of the state.  I was able to see something unique at both airports so that was pretty cool.  The only problem is that it made for a long day.


No comments: