Friday, July 9, 2021

Catching the Alpena in Essexville

 I saw that the Alpena was docked up in Essexville.  I figured she was going to be there a while, so I headed up there.  I like the Alpena.

I had to take one picture with my regular camera.  The light was just about perfect.
And then I switched to my drone to get some different angles.  I think it is an 18 hour unload when they are unloading a full load.  Per a comment on my Facebook page, it actually takes 36 hours to unload here.
I'm not sure.  It seems shorter but I don't know.
I think the cement is stored in these domes.  Per a comment on my Facebook page, the cement goes right to the silos in the plant.  They don't store anything in these domes now.
Another view.
An overall view of the plant.  My grandpa used to work here.
I kind of like this shot.
I took the drone up.
I wanted to get as much of a head shot as I could.
I kind of like this shot too.
I'll have to say that the ability to get different angles is one of the reasons why I like my drone the most.
Raised up a little bit.
One more shot before my drone ran out of battery power.


No comments: