Friday, July 2, 2021

Catching the Lee A. Tregurtha

 So I ended up getting Wednesday off but not for a great reason.  My mom was getting really sick so on Tuesday, I took her to the emergency room.  After a six hour wait, she finally got a room in the emergency room.  After a battery of inconclusive tests, she was given anti-nausea medicine and sent home.  We didn't get home until 7 in the morning.  Since neither of us slept well the night before, I took the day off.

After sleeping for the morning, I wanted to do something and I saw that a ship I wanted to catch was coming down.  So I decided to head up to St. Clair to catch her.

This was not the ship I was expecting to catch though.  I did catch her coming upbound but I thought she would be further south when I got up there.
I'm not going to complain about catching the Lee A. Tregurtha though.  She is one of the cooler looking ships on the Great Lakes.
The fact that she is a war veteran helps in her coolness stock.
She was coming up from Dearborn after delivering a load of taconite to the steel mill there.
I think she was heading up to Marquette to pick up another load of taconite.
Don't quote me on that though because it is mere speculation on my part.
She was passing by though.
It was kind of a meh day but the sky looked pretty cool.
I love her bow.
One more shot with my normal camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I love the blue of the water down here.  The St. Clair and Detroit Rivers move fast enough that they don't get the green color of many other rivers.
On a nice sunny day, it looks really cool.
A beam shot of the Tregurtha.
She makes her way up the river.
I decided to give my drone some altitude.
If you look closely, you can see the next ship in the upper right corner.
Back to my other camera for a stern shot.
See you later, Lee.



No comments: