Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Stop at O'Hare

 After catching my ship, my mom suggested we go to Chicago.  When an opportunity like that opens, I'm going to take it.  I had my doubt when I hit some construction traffic just south of Holland but I soldiered on.  Then I hit some more construction traffic as we passed through Indiana.  There was a little more as I got on the freeway that would take me to O'Hare.  After some frustration, I made it to my destination of Gateway Road and it was worth it.

I nearly missed this Ethiad Airlines 787 as it was arriving from Dubai but then I remembered that I could probably use the little lens that was already on my camera.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a good angle with the building in front of me for this shot.  Oh well, at least I can see the plane and it has a pretty cool livery.
I wasn't able to catch the tail number on this one but it was an E-145 belonging to American Eagle.
It was followed by a United Airlines 787 coming in from Munich.

An E175 coming in from St. Louis.
This 787 was arriving from Athens.
I was happy to see this 747 coming in from Taipei.  If I had arrived about 30 minutes sooner, I could have caught a Lufthansa 747.
An E175 coming in from San Antonio.
Followed by a CRJ-200 from Dayton.
I don't see too many of these.  A Delta CRJ-900 from Minneapolis.
This American Airlines 787 was arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
I don't think I've ever seen this livery before.  A DHL 777 coming in from Frankfurt.
A United 737 coming in from Minneapolis.
And a CRJ-700 coming in from Columbus.
Followed by a CRJ-200 from South Bend.
An American 787 coming in from Dublin.
Followed by a United 787 also coming in from Dublin.
This 747 was arriving from Narita.
An E170 from Savannah.
Another plane that I don't see all that often.  A Spirit Airlines A320 from Myrtle Beach.
I was happy to see this A350-1000 coming in from Heathrow.
A United 777 from San Francisco.
And a United 737 from Tampa.
A 777 coming in from Narita.
A United CRJ-700 from Knoxville.
Another E145 that I couldn't catch the tail number for.
A CRJ-200 from Asheville, North Carolina.
Southwest usually flies out of Midway.  I think they ran out of space there, so they started to fly out of O'Hare as well.  This particular plane was coming back from Fort Lauderdale.
An Aer Lingus A330 coming in from Dublin.
An E175 coming in from Newark.
I was happy to see an A220.  This one was arriving from LaGuardia.
An SAS A330 from Copenhagen.
This was an A321Neo coming in from Cincinnati.
And a Delta A320 from Atlanta.
This Emirates 777 was coming in from Dubai.
Another E145.
A Qatar 777 coming in from Doha, Qatar.
If I had been planespotting in Detroit on Thursday, I would have seen this exact plane.  It was coming in from Amman.  It was happy to see this one since I haven't seen the Royal Jordanian in a while.
I was really happy to see a 757 in livery other than Delta.  This particular one was arriving from Denver.
A Southwest 737 coming in from Las Vegas.
An E170 from somewhere.
And I ended the day with another livery I haven't seen before.  This plane was coming in from Wilmington, Ohio which I think is down by the Snake Mound.

I spent a little more than an hour at O'Hare and I saw 41 planes.  I say that is a pretty good day.


No comments: