Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Damia Degagnes Passing Belle Isle

The next ship was following pretty closely to the Maritje Andrea and it fairly beautiful in its own right.

It turns out that this is her first appearance on this blog.
This is the Damia Degagnes and is owned by Groupe Desgagnes out of Quebec City, Quebec.
She was built in Istanbul, Turkey in 2016.
She is 442 feet long and 77 feet wide.  She is a tanker that can carry 15,000 tons of cargo.
I think she was heading down to Nanticoke but I don't remember.  At any rate, these ships are fairly beautiful.
And of course, I switched to my drone.
I think the Detroit River looks really cool from the air.
It seems like you only see oceans that are this blue.
Or some spring fed lakes.
I think one of the reasons it is so blue is that it is so fast moving but still, I wouldn't trust anything that comes from it.
One more shot.



No comments: