Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Catching the John G. Munson

 This is a ship that I've wanted to catch since she started this season.

It seems like the cards never aligned right for me.  I decided to catch her this time.  Unfortunately, I was shooting into the sun this time.
It was a little on the hazy side.  I kind of like the pictures but not as much as if I were on the other side of the river.
This was with my littler lens.  She was moving out of the line of the sun.
And then I switched to my drone and moved it across the river to get the angle that I really wanted.  I love how this shot turned out.
She was heading to the stone dock by the Ambassador Bridge.  If I had known that, I would have followed her down the river but I had a long day the day before.
The beam shot.
And she continues her trip down the river.
From this point, it would have been about a half hour.
The Detroit skyline in the background.


No comments: