Friday, July 2, 2021

And the Lovely Kaye E. Barker

 Next up is the ship that I was hoping to catch.

I was actually hoping to catch her in Port Huron but I couldn't leave soon enough to do that.  But that's not a big deal.
The St. Clair River gives me about a three hour window to catch a ship.  There is not really a bad spot on the St. Clair River either.
Some spots are better than others and this happens to be one of the better spots.  Marine City is not too bad.  The State Park in Algonac is not too bad.  If I figure I'm going to miss a ship by then, I don't bother trying to catch it in Algonac itself.  They are usually too far on the river to catch there.
Anyway, the Kaye E. Barker was coming down from Marquette.
She had a load of taconite for Dearborn.
You can see that she was pretty loaded.
I think she has one of the nicer pilothouses on the Great Lakes.
One more shot with my camera before switching to drone.
And then I switched over to my drone.
Again, I love the blue of the water.
The ship looks pretty cool too.
The red contrasts nicely with the blue.
And she passes.
I love the wake.
One more shot with my drone.
Until next time.


No comments: