Thursday, July 15, 2021

The Lake St. Clair in the Belle Isle Anchorage

 As I was getting ready to leave Belle Isle, I saw that there was a ship in the anchorage.

I decided to stop and get pictures of her.  It is the Lake St. Clair.  She is owned by Sunship Schiffahrtskontor KG out of Emden, Germany.
She was built in 2004 as the Federal Miramichi.  In 2016 she was bought by her current company.  They had this frame on Belle Isle.  I thought it looked pretty cool and made a nice frame for me.
I tried to see if I could get my drone close by to get some pictures.
Sadly, this was as close as I could get, so I decided to gain some altitude.
I think I got some pretty nice shots of Detroit.
If you look to the right, you can see a tall ship.  I'm not sure what ship that is though.
The ship is 606 feet long and 77 feet wide.  She can carry 27,000 tons of cargo.
I liked the sun set on the city.
One more shot.


No comments: