Friday, July 9, 2021

The Little Tregurtha

 I saw that this ship was coming up.  I was thinking that I might be able to get a passing shot of her and Paul Tregurtha but I wasn't sure where that would be or even if it would be a spot where I could get the shot.  I figured it was better to just stay by the bridge and wait for her.

The Lee A. Tregurtha was making her way up from Dearborn where she delivered a load of taconite to the steel mill there.
She was on her way back to Marquette where she would pick up another load of taconite and repeat the cycle.
She is definitely one of my favorite boats though.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn to leave the river.
She is kicking up a bit of wake.
One more shot with my normal camera.
I switched to my drone.
I think it is about 36 hours to her destination from this point.
The beam shot.
She passes by.
One more shot.
I caught this one a little while later.  She was out on Lake Huron.

No comments: