Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Force Was With Me

 I was going to go down to Dayton with my dad to go see the air show there but he had some issues with his car, so he couldn't go.  I asked a friend if he wanted to go, he didn't sleep well the night before, she he didn't want to go.  I looked at the weather in Dayton and it looked iffy at best and I didn't want to go all that way to find out the air show was cancelled.  The weather wasn't much better here but I saw something that was flying in Detroit Metro that I wanted to catch.

First up was an A330 coming in from Nagoya.
It is cool to see these planes since they were gone for a while.  I think air travel may be recovering.
An A321 coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
Next up was an A350.
This particular one was arriving from Seoul.
Apparently after a short hop from Shanghai.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Central Wisconsin.
This is the plane that I wanted to catch.
It is the United Airlines plane with the livery for the Rise of Skywalker livery.
I kind of caught this one two years ago but it was through a fence and not very good.
So I was pretty happy to catch it.
It was coming up from Houston.  It is nice to see the United mainline planes coming back here.
A 717 coming in from New Orleans.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Cincinnati.
A CRJ-700 coming in from Greensboro.
It wouldn't be a day spotting without at least one 757.
This particular one was arriving from Los Angeles after a hop from Honolulu.
I love this plane.
Very much.
One more shot.
An A220 with a beacon shot.
This particular one was arriving from Austin.
I love planespotting when it is moist outside.  Some planes give off some nice vortices.
The 757-300 does it pretty well.
A beacon shot.
This particular one was arriving from San Diego.


No comments: