Saturday, July 3, 2021

A Stop In Indianapolis

 Since I was so close to it, I decided to stop in Indianapolis.

It was only a brief stop but I figured it was worth it.
I ended up venturing to the downtown area because I wanted to get some pictures of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument there.
It was a monument dedicated to the soldiers and sailors that fought in the Civil War.
I think it might have also had some frontier people on it.
A soldier from Indiana.
I'm not sure what battle this would be depicting.
One of the high rise buildings.  This one is owned by Salesforce.
This building is pretty cool.
A Key Bank Building.  It looks similar to the one in Cleveland.

The Indiana State Capital building.  It was built in 1877 to replace the prior capitol building that condemned.  
Another part of the monument.
Looking at the overall monument.
Looking up at the Salesforce building.
A Civil War era sailor.
An artilleryman.
The back of the monument.
I kind of like this carving.
A wounded soldier.
Another part of the monument.
This reminds me alot of the one in Detroit.
Looking up at it.
Looking down one of the streets.

I didn't spend much time in Indianapolis.  I wish I had because there was another monument I wanted to get pictures of.  Maybe next time.


No comments: