Friday, July 9, 2021

The Marietje Andrea Makes an Appearance

 Occasionally, we get to see a new ship and this was one of those times.

I don't think I was expecting to see this ship but I'm glad I did because she is one of the prettier vessels I've seen in a while.
I'm not sure of the company that owns her but she is managed by Wagenborg.  They have some pretty nice looking ships but not quite as nice as this one.
She says "FC Groningen" on the side, which I thought was the company that owns her but it turns out that it stands for Football Club Groningen.  They are in Groningen and play in the top Dutch soccer league.  They are called the "Pride of the North".  They won the Dutch cup in the 2014-2015 season.
She looks like something out of a computer game.  Anyway, she is 409 feet long and about 45 feet wide.  I'm not sure how much tonnage she can carry but I'm going to guess it's around 30,000 tons.
I love the paint scheme on her.
She makes the turn for leaving the channel.
Her semi-submersible life boat.
The Dutch flag flying proudly in the wind.
And then I switched to my drone.
She stands out pretty well against the blue water of the river.
I just love the looks of this ship.
A beam shot.
She was heading up to Menominee and then I think she is heading up to Thunder Bay.
A stern shot.
And one more shot with my drone.  I hope to catch this ship again.
I forgot that I caught her on Lake Huron.


No comments: