Thursday, July 15, 2021

Catching Up With the John D. Leitch

 So I saw that the John D. Leitch was passing Detroit.  She is one of the ships that I like to catch.

I think she was undergoing some repairs, so she had a late start this season.  I kept missing my chance to catch her, so I decided I was not going to miss that chance last night.
I thinks she was coming out of Port Colborne and heading to Burns Harbor.
I'm not sure what she would be carrying though.  I do know that it is a fairly long trip.
As I type this post tonight, she is almost in Burns Harbor.
I like her but many of the boatnerd community do not.  They think she's ugly.
I happen to like her looks.  I think she looks unique.
And it's nice to see unique looking ships.
And I think she can carry more than a similarly dimensioned ship because of this design.
I like her tall pilot house.
The fact that she is one of the few classic Canadian lakers left makes another reason to like her.
The almost beam shot.
The beam shot.
And she passes by.
She has a pretty cool looking wake.

One more shot.

No comments: