Monday, March 21, 2011

Chase, Michigan

On Saturday, my mom and I decided to head over to the west side of the state. This time we decided to head to Ludington first which meant that we would take US-10. I don't normally take that way, as we usually head up towards Frankfort. We passed this town called Chase. Normally, it wouldn't interest me but there was a cool looking old building.

Normally, I don't do pictures of ruined buildings but sometimes they are just too cool to pass up. In this case, it doesn't really seem exploitation. I think this is an old piece of farm equipment.

It looks like at one time this may have been a viable business. It may still be and just shut down for the winter.

I kind of like this sign, I may convert it to black and white because I think it may be better.

An old wheel.

This is why I think this place may still be in business.

A shot from across the street.

A shot of just the store front.

Anyways, Chase is along US-10 where it is crossed by the Pere Marquette River. It was previously known as Glendale and renamed Chase after Salmon P. Chase, the Chief Justice of the US at the time it was settled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a great little town to live in. but we need to clean some of it up yet.

Unknown said...

In the 60s this business was owned and operated by relatives of mine. As I have been gone from there for many years, to the best of my knowledge all the family is gone now, but I still fondly remember the many weekends I spent there working on the family farm and visiting the store. Those were the best times I had growing up.