Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tobico Marsh

One of my favorite places to wander around when I was growing up was Tobico Marsh. There is a nice variety of plant life in there and the trails are pretty well set up. My mom said that I might have some better examples of the ice on the trees.

This is sort of like the other pine picture I took, you can see the little balls of ice at the ends of the needles.

This one shows it better. You can even see some little icicles.

I think I would like this one a little better.

The main road into the Marsh. When I was growing up, you had to get a key from the ranger to come back here because they wanted to keep people in here at a minimum. At some point, they decided to keep it open. It originally was land for lumber but as that dried up, they donated it to the state.

No comments: