Friday, March 25, 2011

More Gallup Park Pics

It was a pretty sunny day, so I decided to head over to Gallup Park. I didn't have much time as I had to be somewhere tonight but I had enough to take a few pictures. At first I thought I wasn't going to get many because the geese, swans and ducks were at the other side of the park. Eventually though, they worked their way towards me so that I could take some pictures.

I'm not sure what kind of tree this is but I liked the looks against the sky.

Sometimes having geese come near you isn't a good thing though. This particular goose started to chase after me and hissed. I think I might have gotten to close to a nest or something.

Eventually, it ignored me again and started to stare longingly at the river.

Then this swan decided to swim over. I like to look at swans but this is a bird I wouldn't want upset at me.

I kind of liked this shot.

I had the right lens on for a close up of his head.

He got what he wanted so he started to head out.

I think this is a mallard.



This shot is a little blurry, but I like it.

Another closeup of the head.

Canadian geese are sometimes annoying birds but I do like the look of them.

1 comment:

Ben Connor Barrie said...

The tree is an Alnus glutinosa (Black Alder). It's in the birch family (Betulaceae). The saussage things are the pre-formed male flowers and the cones are the remains of the female flowers.