Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Karn-Weadock Plant

The Karn-Weadock plant is at the mouth of the Saginaw River and is operated by Consumers Energy. The Weadock plant began operating in 1940 and is named after John C. Weadock who was one of the founders of the company. The Karn plant was added in 1959.

I think this one is the Weadock plant because it looks older. It is a 310 Megawatt coal fueld plant.

This is one of hte smokestacks of the plant.

I kind of took this shot because I liked the look of the three stacks together.

The Karn plant. It produces closed to 1800 Megawatts and uses coal and natural gas.

I'm not sure what this building is but the plant can be supplied by ship or train.

A close up of one of the stacks. I shot these pics in color but then I decided that I wanted black and white for some degree of grittiness. I also wanted to take these pictures because its not often that I show some of the uglier things in life.

No comments: