Sunday, March 27, 2011

Some Shots of Chicago

So I decided to walk back from the Field Museum to Union Station which was probably a couple miles. It wasn't too bad of a walk except that it was a bit on the cold side but I didn't really mind so much because I think it provides one of the best views of Chicago.

The Shedd Aquarium, I will have to go back here one of these days. I've been there once and as I recall it was pretty neat.

A view of Downtown Chicago from near the Field Museum. I think this is one of the better views of Downtown Chicago that you can get, although I hear that the view from out on the water is better.

Looking towards the Willis Tower (I still want to call it the Sears Tower though).

The Chicago Harbor Light. It was constructed in 1893 for the World's Columbian Exposition and moved to its current location 1919. It was an example of a reef light and built of steel. It has a third order fresnel lens and is still operated automatically.

I am not sure what this building it, but it looks pretty neat. One of the cool things about Chicago is the changing skyline. I think they've added quite a few buildings in the past few years.

A view of the Chicago skyline from Grant Park. To think, if a few things had gone differently, this could have been Detroit instead.

To me, this picture represents Chicago...lots of traffic and tall buildings.

Another shot towards the Willis Tower. In this shot, you can see a crane which probably means another building is going up.

Looking up north again. I was getting closer to the main part of the city, so the buildings look denser.

I really like this shot because it gives that wall of buildings effect.

One of the statues of Native Americans in Chicago. This was built in 1924.

This statue is opposite the other one. Behind them are some pretty cool looking tower structures.

An eagle statue on Michigan Avenue.

One of Chicago's finest.

Another shot looking down Michigan Avenue.

One of the Lions standing in front of the Chicago Art Museum. I didn't have time to visit the museum this time though.

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

Looking down the street leading back to the Train Station.

The Chicago Board of Trade Building.

Looking up at the Willis Tower. This is probably one of my favorite views.

Looking down the Chicago River.

Looking down the other side.

2 comments:

coleen said...

Nice Pictures Ken!!!

Mikoyan said...

Thank you. I was pretty pleased with how these turned out.