Saturday, March 12, 2011

University of Michigan Vs. Bowling Green - Hockey

So I decided to go to the game last night. It was the first game of CCHA quarterfinals and it was Michigan's first game in the tournament because they had a bye last week. I'm pretty sure they are in the NCAA tournament if they don't win this tournament but I think winning this will cement a number 1 seed for them. Anyways....

Matt Rust during the warmups before the game.

Hunwick during the warmup. He was looking pretty crisp.

And the Zamboni. I still wish they would have jousting Zambonis at some time.

The players during the National Anthem.

The opening faceoff.

Ben Winett carrying the puck into the zone.

A.J. Treais waiting for the puck.

I really like this shot of Red Berenson behind the bench.

Hunwick letting one of his guys know that he should move over a little so that he can see the puck.

One of the Bowling Green players carrying the puck into the zone as he is being pursued by Chad Langlais.

I think this is Chris Brown as he was shooting the puck towards the net for the second goal. But I'm not sure because I can't see the number and it seemed like one of those bang bang plays.

Scooter Vaughan getting dumped to the ice.

"Hail to the Victors Valiant. Hail to the conquering heroes. Hail Hail Hail to Michigan the leaders and best.........." This was taken during one of the "hails".

The Bowling Green goalie making one of many saves he made last night.

Chad Langlais waiting for the puck.

Hunwick making one of not as many saves as the Bowling Green goalie.

Greg Pateryn doing a little housekeeping in front of the net.

Lindsay Sparks as he is about to be driven into the boards.

Chad Langlais carrying the puck into the zone.

Scooter Vaughan as he shoots Michigan's third goal.

The Bowling Green Goalie making another of many saves.

David Wohlberg skating through center ice.

Michigan celebrating their fourth goal of the night.

Chris Brown and one of the Bowling Green players having a little discussion.

A.J. Treais as he lays a hit on one of the Bowling Green players.

Jon Merrill just after making a pass.

I wish I could tell who this was. Anyways, he putting the puck on net.

The Michigan Players as they wait at the bench.

A Bowling Green player leaves the game after a 10 Minute Misconduct.

Hunwick making another save.

Another player I can't tell. Just after shooting though. It's amazing just how much flex gets put on these sticks.

Brandon Burlon stick handling.

Michigan celebrating their victory.

As I have said before and I'll say it again, this is one of my favorite traditions. I wish more sports would have the post game handshake.

And the good guys won 5-1. I don't think there was a point where the game was in much doubt, Michigan pretty much dominated the game and the score reflects it.

1 comment:

BlueDragon said...

Zamboni Mercy Rule: If one team goes up by four or more goals, the other team has the option of trading out a player for a Zamboni.