Sunday, July 26, 2020

Catching a 757 on a Misty Day

It was kind of rainy and nasty on this day and I didn't really feel like doing anything.  But I saw that the 757 was coming in and plane pictures can look pretty cool on rainy days.
 This particular flight was coming in from Los Angeles and as far as I know it is the only 757 flight for Delta into Detroit. 
 While I like seeing the freighter versions of the 757, the passenger versions are pretty nice too.  I just wish more airlines would use the 757 in Detroit.
 I'd heard that American Airlines is retiring their 757 fleet.  United still has there but many are still sitting in the desert.
 I know that these are aging planes and I also know that Boeing is not making any in the future, but I like this plane.
 I hope the 797 gets off the ground.  Supposedly, it owes alot to this design.
As I looked at this picture, it got me to thinking.  I wonder if they could pull off the stunt of a 757 landing on a semi trailer.  I suspect not as the landing speed of a 757 is greater than the maximum speed of a truck.

No comments: