Monday, July 20, 2020

The Return of an Old Friend

I had a couple of boats to catch but I also saw that there was a chance to catch one of my favorite planes.  So before catching the boats, I headed to the airport.
 First up was a 737.  I love the way the clouds behind it looked.
 Another angle of that plane.  I think this one was arriving from Atlanta.
 A CRJ coming in from Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
 As I was taking pictures of the planes, I heard this guy.  He was perched for a moment as I took this shot.
 A Southwest 737 coming in from Midway Airport in Chicago.
 the hawk then took off.  I thought it was pretty cool.
 He almost flew right by.  Well at least close enough that I could blow up the picture.
 I really like this shot.
 A CRJ coming in from Milwaukee.
 I think this A319 was coming in from Mexico City.
 And the plane that I was waiting for.
 I have not seen a 757 passenger plane since the beginning of the pandemic.  As I've said before, the passenger industry has taken a real hit.  I think they are back up to about 20% of their pre-pandemic traffic.  As a result many of these beauties are sitting out in the desert in a sort of layup mode.
 Anyway, I saw that this flight was coming in from Los Angeles.  I know that it has been running before but this was the first time I could catch it.
And I was glad to catch it.

No comments: