Friday, July 3, 2020

Fighters Over Toledo

So it wasn't too long before I heard the sound of an F-16 taking off with full afterburners.  After hearing that, I don't understand how people complain about the sound of modern passenger jets taking off.   The F-16s were loud and it was a pretty cool sound.
 As I said before, the Wing has been here a while.  They've had the F-16 since the early 90's.  I like the way the afterburner pattern sets off against the dusk sky.
 this one wasn't taking off with afterburners but it was still loud.
 After about 15 minutes or so, the next group started to take off.
 This one has the squadron markers.  The squadron itself is called the "Stingers".
 I kind of like the idea of seeing a loaded combat plane.
 then there was another group.
 If this is like other traditions, this one may belong to the squadron leader because the markings are in color.
 I didn't see any more F-16s, but I did see this Cessna.  It was probably a good thing I didn't see any more F-16s because I was losing my light.
 I saw this one on FlightRadar, so I figured I would stick around to see it take off.  It was an Allegiant A320 heading to Fort Lauderdale.  I think Allegiant operates a couple of flights out of Toledo.
This plane was getting loaded near me and I heard it as it spooled up for take off.  Even though it was almost dark, I decided to stick around to see if I could get some take off pictures.  Unfortunately, this was the best I could do.

No comments: