Thursday, July 9, 2020

Returning to the Aluminum Aviary

I decided to head over to the aluminum aviary on the next day as well.  Again, I was hoping to catch the DC-10/MD-11 but that wasn't to be.
 An Embrear 175 from Louisville.
 I kind of like this angle.
 A CRJ from Birmingham.
 Same plane a little later.
 One of the planes that I was waiting for.
 Another angle of that plane.
 It was the Fed Ex 767 coming in from Memphis.  I think this is why the MD-11 ended up being delayed.
 A CRJ-200 from Alpena.
 Occasionally I see birds of the feathered kind.
 This is a Michigan vulture.
 A Cessna Citation coming in for a landing.
 A 737 coming in from Seattle.
 Another Embrear 175.  This one was coming in from Indiana.  (interestingly enough, this was one serial number off from the first plane).
 An A320 coming in from Atlanta.
 An A321 coming in from Salt Lake City.
 A Spirit Airlines A321 coming in from Orlando.  I love these planes when they are lit up.
 An A321 coming in from Las Vegas.
 Another angle of that plane.
 I love the Frontier livery.
 This was a wombat.  It was coming in from Orlando.
 Another Spirit in the sky.  Unfortunately, I did not write this one down.
 I think this one was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
 Another angle of that plane with the exit signs.
I think this A321 was coming in from Denver.
 This 737 was arriving from San Diego.
 It was followed by an A319 from Mexico City.
 A CRJ-900 from Milwaukee.
 Another A321.  This one was arriving from Phoenix.
 Another plane that I was waiting for.
 This A220 was coming in from Dallas.
 One more angle of it.
 A Bombardier Phenom.
 the UPS 757.
 This was arriving from Louisville.
 I love this shot.
 And the Fed Ex 757.
 This was coming in from Indianapolis.
And like I said, I wasn't able to catch the MD-11.

I think airline volume is coming up but the number of passengers is still down from the pre-Covid numbers.  I read somewhere that a plane has to be at 67% of capacity before the flight earns a profit.  If airlines have to eliminate the middle row, I don't see how they will be profitable going forward.


No comments: