Wednesday, July 8, 2020

More Pictures of the Titabawassee River

After catching the Saginaw, my mom had me drive up to Gladwin.  There was a spot there where I could get some better pictures of the Titabawassee River after the dam breaks.
 Normally the River would be back almost to where the trees are.  In fact, I think it may have been higher this year because pretty much water is up everywhere in the state.
 Imagine how much volume this would represent because that water ended up in Midland and Saginaw.  It came pretty close to wiping out both places. 
 Again, an image that shows where the water was compared to where it is now.  I think the river ran up against this seawall.  Many of these people bought these houses on the idea that it was waterfront property.
 They are going to repair the dams and I think that means that this will eventually refill but I'm not sure how long that will take.
 A couple stumps.
 Another shot of the now beach there.
And one more before moving on.

No comments: