Monday, July 6, 2020

Catching a Lady's Slipper

I'm still working on my backlog of pictures, so please bear with me.  It's not that I don't have time on my hand, it's more that I'm using that time to go out and take more pictures.  When I get home, I don't feel like uploading them because I usually have to put words with these pictures.

Anyway, I decided to head up north on 6/26/20.  I was going to just go up to Mackinaw City and catch the Blough as she passed under the bridge but I saw that the Cort would be passing by the Soo in about the time I could get there.  It also helped that some of the boatnerds were still having their Engineer's weekend gathering, so I decided to head there.
 I ended up heading up to the Soo by way of Detour.  I saw that there was boat docked at Drummond Island and I wanted to get pictures of her.  As I found a park where I could get a decent shot, my mom pointed out that there were some lady slipper flowers there.  I tried to get pictures but unfortunately not the greatest.
this was probably my favorite shot.  Maybe if I cropped it, it would be a little better.
And I was right.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

No comments: