Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Kaye E. Barker Leaves Grand Haven

It wasn't too long before the Barker appeared.
 She was backing out from the Verplanks dock where she was delivering stone.  I was able to see her there but I couldn't get any pictures because all the roads to where I would normally get them were closed due to flooding.
 I kind of like the way the flag was blowing in the breeze.  It kind of reminded me of an older picture that I took.
 the almost full stern view.
 And this picture shows all that is cool about the merchant marine.
 I think they use this boat when they are docked.  Someone will get in and help guide.
 I think this boat serves as a lifeboat.
 These are inflatable life rafts.  When they come in contact with water, they automatically inflate.  I think they have a direction finder in them to help in rescue efforts.
 A picture of her stack.
 A rear shot of her pilothouse.
 Her plimsoll lines.  These indicate the maximum loading amount.

 A shot of her deckhouse.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 One more shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of her bow.
 A full shot as she backs out.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.  As you can see, it was raining as I took these pictures.
 A better shot as she backs out.
 I kind of like this one.
 I kind of like the clouds in the background of this one.
 It is a time consuming process to backing out.
 As you can see, there were few people on the pier.  That wasn't the case earlier.
 Probably my favorite picture of the bunch.
 She starts to pass the range light.
 I think she is out on Lake Michigan at this point.
 She prepares to turn for her next destination.  I think that was one of the stone ports.
I wasn't in the right spot to get further pictures after this headshot.  If I had gone to the other side I would have, but I wanted the longest time for frontal shots.

No comments: