Sunday, August 16, 2020

A New Ship Visits Michigan Exposures

 I thought I had caught this ship before, but it turns out that I haven't.

While the Federal Churchill is new to this blog, I'm not sure she is new the Lakes.
She was built in 2016 in Japan.
she is like the other Federal Navigation in that she is 656 feet long and 77 feet wide.  These dimensions allow her to go through the Welland Canal.
She can carry over 30,000 tons of cargo.
I think she was bringing windmill blades over and now I think she is carrying grain.
She is on her way to Montreal.  I'm not sure if that means she is going to pick up another cargo or go somewhere else in the lakes.
And then I switched over to the drone.
I am really liking this drone but it's never going to replace my camera shots.  Especially since there are a few things I can't use the drone for.
I never knew these ships had a heli pad on them.  I guess that might make sense.
I think they can also serve as container ships.  And a beam shot.
She continues down the other part of the river.
I kind of like this shot.
And I really like this shot.
 One more shot with the normal camera before the next ship.

No comments: