Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Amongst Creatures Most Fowl

 After taking a picture of a train at Durand, I headed up to Shiawassee.  I arrived there around 5:00P.M.  It seems like if you want to take pictures of birds, you either need to get somewhere early in the morning or late in the afternoon.  Birds tend to not do much in the afternoon.

As I made the first turn onto the nature drive, I saw what appeared to be an odd bird.  when I got closer, I realized it was a cormorant taking a break.
His beak still looked too short for a cormorant though.  But still kind of cool.  I don't usually get pictures of these guys so close.
The flock of pelicans was close enough that I could get a picture of it.
This pelican was off to the side.
He was fairly cooperative for me.
Even flexed his wings a couple of times.
Of course he was looking around.
I kind of like this shot.
A proud bird.
Not sure what kind of bird this was but he had dinner.
A muskrat swimming by.
An egret posing for me.
One of my terns going by.
A pair of sandhill cranes.
Another egret.
The same pair of sandhill cranes.
Just a sandhill crane before taking off and making a racket.
A yellow finch.
Another egret.
A cormorant in flight.
A cormorant in flight and making a ruckus.
I think this is a trumpeter swan.
Another angle of him.
And the eagle was back.
He was pretty far out, so these pictures are pretty heavily cropped.
For the most part they worked.
Looking around.
Looking towards me.
Another one.
 And we end with a pelican just swimming around.

No comments: