Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Hailing the Herbie

 This post is going to be out of order from the other one but the other one kind of straddles the timeline of this one.  Since time is not relevant to the other post, I will post this one now.

As I was taking pictures of the Alpena, I saw that the Alpena was coming up.  After getting pictures of her last week, she first went down to Cleveland and then I think she went to Sandusky.  I believe that she delivered taconite to Cleveland.  I'm not sure what she went to Sandusky for.
At any rate, she was heading up to Stoneport.  There she would pick up stone.
As I look at her AIS, it says Brennan but I'm not sure where that is.
I'll assume it is somewhere in Ohio.
It was nice to see her because she's a neat looking ship.
she passes the grain elevator.
I kind of like this shot.
The grain elevator in the shot.
About as clean of a shot as I can get here before swapping out lenses.
So I switched to the drone.
this time I got a little further out.
Almost got the shot I wanted.
And she starts to pass by.
I kind of wish I wasn't shooting into the sun for this one.
And she passes by.
And one more before going back to the Alpena.

No comments: