Monday, August 24, 2020

And the Finnborg

 It wasn't too long before the next ship appeared.  I wasn't going to get any shots of her from the air because I had pretty much used all my batteries.  Next time, I think I will have to take a mini-USB cable for charging.

The Finnborg is one of many ships owned by Wagenborg.  I like the looks of these ships and generally they look well cared for (for salties).
She was built in 2011 by the Ferus Smit Shipyards in Westerbroek, Netherlands.  It seems like it is unusual for foreign ships to be built in their home countries.
She is 507 feet long and 56 feet wide.  She can carry a load of 14,000 tons.
She is registered in the Netherlands which is also unusual as many foreign companies used flags of convenience.
She is heading to Montreal but again, I'm not sure where she was heading from.
Based on her depth, I'm guessing she is loaded.
I'm also guessing she is heading to Montreal as an intermediate port.
Again, you can see her home registry of Delfzul.
She continues on her way.  She has a long journey ahead of her.
I was kind of surprised to not see as many trucks on the Ambassador Bridge.  I think if you look closely in this picture, you can see a plane.
She starts to make the turn for another part of the Detroit River.
 And one more shot.

No comments: