Thursday, August 27, 2020

Whereupon I Catch Five (FIVE!) 757s

 I'm trying to re-establish my tradition of going to the airport on Thursday nights.  With many of the airplanes returning from their COVID induced rests, it is getting busier but still not where it it was before.  I used to be able to catch Air France and Royal Jordanian on Thursday nights but I have a feeling that is not going to happen until more normalcy returns.  I knew that I would be able to catch the Fed Ex and UPS 757s but I was not expecting the others.

One of the 757s I was not expecting was this 757-300.
It was coming in from Minneapolis and it went back to Minneapolis.
The clouds were pretty cool and it was threatening thunder storms today but those never materialized.
This particular plane is affectionately known as the flynig pencil.
Mainly because it is so long and narrow.
I wasn't sure if I would make it in time for this plane but I did.
It is the Fed Ex 757.
It was coming in from Memphis.
And I think as I type this post, it is returning to Memphis.
An American Airlines E145 coming in from O'Hare Airport.
An A220 arriving from Dallas Fort Worth.
I will have to admit, this plane is growing on me.
It is a pretty nice looking plane and I hear it is really nice on the inside.
Beacon!
Anyway it is pretty cool looking.
One more shot.
A Spirit Airlines A321 arriving from Orlando.  I liked the clouds in the background.
Another angle of that plane with a beacon shot.
An A319 coming in from San Diego.
A United Airlines E175 from Newark.
This plane has a tail number of N313DN and it's rather appropriate it is coming to the 313 from Atlanta.
And the UPS 757 arrives from Louisville.  While it comes from the west of the airport, it normally arrives on the eastern runway because that's where it's terminal is.
I'm not sure which livery I like better.
Actually I think this one looks better than Fed Ex.
While I think the Fed Ex livery is cleaner, this is cooler.
And coolness wins in my books.
A Delta A320 arriving from JFK.
It was followed by one from Boston.
And another 757.
This one was arriving from the City of Tampa because it couldn't arrive from Tampa Bay without floats.
the clouds were pretty cool tonight.
And it was cool to see so many 757s tonight.
Now if only I could see the Blough again.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Columbus.
Another 757 with a cool cloud backdrop.
This particular one was coming in from the Land of the Mouse.
Actually, I think Orlando is the world of the Mouse.
Anyway, this was my fifth 757 tonight.
And one more shot because I got the moon in the shot.


 

 

No comments: