Friday, August 7, 2020

Catching Classic Canadian Boat

So this is the ship that I was interested in catching.

She is one of three classic Canadian Lakers left on the great lakes.  There is her, the Frontenac which is a fleet mate and the John D. Leitch which is owned by Algoma Central.  I lump the Leitch in that category because she has the forward pilothouse.  I don't lump the Lower Lakes boats in that category because they are former American boats.
Algoma Central scrapped the Algoway, Algorail, Algosteel and Algomarine.  All three of them were nice looking boats but like so many other Canadian boats, they get used hard.
Pretty soon, the last of the Canadian built boats will be gone as they get replaced by the Chinese built boats.
I think the CSL Tadoussac was heading down from Thunder Bay but I'm not sure where she was heading to.
I want to say she was going to Nanticoke but for some reason I don't think so.
She's a nice looking boat and if you look from the side, you can see that she has an interesting wake pattern.
She hits some of the wave spray.
A relatively clean background.
Windsor in the background.
She is framed by the Ambassador Bridge.
Another shot of the bride.
the tower in the middle.
And she just about passes the Ambassador Bridge.
She gets a visit from the Westcott.
the Westcott at her side.
The Westcott gets buffeted by some of her waves.
The Westcott holds up against her side.
I think she is almost pulling away.
And almost stern shot.
 And she continues down the river.

No comments: