Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Mixing With the Munson

 When I arrived in Detroit, the Munson was stopped at Mistersky for fuel but I knew that she would be moving soon.  I have a friend on the Alpena that told me was starting to get underway.  I wanted to get some shots of her passing under the bridge, so I headed to a park that is a little east of the Bridge.

I made it to that park just in time as she had just pulled out from the dock.  She was getting hit by the light just right here.
She was headed up to Stoneport, where she would pick up another load of stone for somewhere.
She mostly carries stone, I think.  In fact, I think she was originally built for one of the fleets that carries stone.
She passes under the Bridge.
So I switched to my drone.  This is kind of one of the pictures that I was looking for.
I think I need to work on my timing a little better so that I can get a shot under the bridge.
I took my drone further over the river to get closer to overhead shots.
But I couldn't get it too far out.
She starts to pass by.
Gives me a nice beam shot.
She starts to continue up the river.
 And one more shot.

No comments: