Friday, August 14, 2020

Another Night at the Aluminum Aviary

 So I headed to the airport last night.

I started up in the parking deck.  There were a couple of flights from the west that I wanted to catch.  I missed the first.  The 757 was taxiing as I got to my parking spot.  This plane was a surprise.
It is a Bombardier Challenger.  Since private jets have their information mostly blocked, I couldn't tell where this one came from.
It was followed by a CRJ-900 from Columbus.
Smoking the mains.
And it slows down.
I just posted this picture because it was passing the UPS A300 and MD-11.  I don't usually get pictures of those as they usually come to Detroit in the dead of night.
A Cessna Citation coming in for a landing.
The other plane that I was waiting for.
This 757 was coming in from Tampa.
Unfortunately, I couldn't catch the shot with the tires smoking because they are doing construction on the inner runway and this blocking some shots of the other runway.
It passes by.
It makes the turn to enter the taxiiway.  Unfortunately, it swings around too fast and it was hard to get a front shot.
It heads for the taxiiway to the terminal.
I kind of liked the hint of the Detroit skyline in the background.
One more because I like the gravel piles in the background too.
An A321 coming in from Phoenix.
And one coming in from San Diego.
It was followed by a 737 from Denver.
And a CRJ-900 from Cincinnati.
An American Airlines 737 from Dallas.
Followed by an A321 from Los Angeles.  Before COVID, this would have been a 757.
A CRJ-200 from Iron Mountain.
An Embrear 175 from Indianapolis.
This 757 was landing on the other runway but fortunately I have the room to blow up pictures.  It was arriving from Fort Lauderdale.
Another angle of that plane.
An Embrear 175 from Louisville.
And a 737 from Las Vegas.
It was followed by a 737 from Seattle.
A Spirit Airlines A319 from Dallas.  This used to be one of their digital livery planes.  I actually liked that livery better but I can understand why they want their planes to look the same.
 I finished my evening with a Southwest 737 arriving from Nashville.  I wanted to catch the Fed Ex MD-11 but that was delayed considerably.  It was still a pretty good night.

No comments: