Sunday, August 16, 2020

And Now the Right Honourable Paul J. Martin

 It wasn't long before the next ship appeared as she was pretty close behind the Federal Churchill.

The Right Honourable Paul J. Martin was on her way to Nanticoke.
I assume that she has a load of iron as there is steel mill near Nanticoke.
I thought this was one of the ships that would be scrapped soon but she is still plying the Great Lakes.
I'm not sure for how long as Canadian boats get a pretty good work out.
A bow shot.
She makes a turn for the channel.  At this point, she would be in line with the range lights in Port Huron.
The sun was setting fairly quickly.
But it made for nice light on my ship.
Pretty much the same angle.
One more shot before she makes the turn for the channel.
She continues through the turn.  I will have to admit, it is pretty cool to watch these ships make the turn here.
The bow shot.
And she makes her turn for the other part of the channel.
And then I switched to my drown.  If you look behind her, you can see in the water where she made her turn for this part of the river.
And she passes by.
The beam shot as she starts to pass by.
And she passes by.
And a shot of the rest of the river.  If you look to the upper left of her, you can see another ship.  I'm not sure which one it is.
 I didn't switch back to my other camera as she continued down the river.

No comments: