Wednesday, August 5, 2020

And the Federal Dart

So I had one more ship coming down.
It turns out that it was a ship I never saw before.
It turns out that it was the Federal Dart owned by Federal Navigation out of Montreal.
Even though she is Canadian owned, she is registered out of Majuro which is in the Marshall Islands.  In fact, Majuro is the capital city and largest of the Marshall Islands.  The Marshall Islands are considered a trust territory of the United States but they are a sovereign nation.  I think I read somewhere that if more of the polar ice caps melt, the Marshall Islands might disappear which might be interesting.
She passes the Renaissance Building.
IF she is like the other Federal Navigation ships, she is 656 feet long and has a beam of 77 feet which means that she can fit in the Welland Canal.
She passes the Cape.
She can carry over 35,000 tons of cargo.
She is framed by the Ambassador Bridge.
A closeup shot of her as the Huron Maid pulls up along side.
Another shot with the Ambassador Bridge.
And another shot.
She passes the Ambassador Bridge.
As I was taking this shot, she was on her way to Port Cartier, Quebec where I think she drops off whatever load she was carrying from Duluth.  In Port Cartier, she will pick up a load to carry overseas.  As I type this, she is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and on her way to Bari, Italy.

No comments: