Monday, August 24, 2020

Burn On Big River, Burn On

 So on Saturday, I decided to go out boatwatching.  It looked like it would be a pretty good day on the river with a nice variety of ships to see.  I was planning on just catching this one and then going up to Shiawassee but I couldn't pass on the other ships especially since they were ones I don't see all that often.

First up was the Cuyahoga.  I don't remember where she was heading from.  I want to say one of the mines in Georgian Bay.
Her AIS listed her destination as Hamilton, Ontario which is at the western end of Lake Ontario.  It also meant that she would have to go through the Welland Canal.
She passes the Renaissance Center.  I will admit, this is one of the reasons why I like taking pictures from Riverside Park.
She makes the turn for the channel.
I keep hearing that her sailing days may be over soon.  It would be a shame since there are so few classic lakers left on the Lakes.
I also like the fact that I get clean backgrounds here.
And she makes one more turn.
And then I decided to switch over to my drone.  This time, I tried to get a little further out so that I could get a more straight shot of the ship.
The Cuyahoga gets a little closer.
And I will admit, this is the kind of shot that I wanted to get a drone for.
The Westcott delivers something to the Cuyahoga.
I kind of like the fact that I can look down on the ship.
The beam shot.
I think another thing I 'm gonna have to work on is moving the drone so the light is more favorable.  The only problem is that
The Westcott pulls away.
The Cuyahoga continues on and the Westcott heads back to her dock.
Another shot of that.
And back to my other camera as the Cuyahoga gets out of the range of my drone.
 And one more shot.

No comments: