Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Cuyahoga Passes at Sunrise

 So I was supposed to meet my dad in Port Huron so that I could show him my drone.  He had something else come up but I was up by Algonac at that time, so I figured I might as well stay up there and get more ship pictures.  However before doing that, I saw that the Cuyahoga would be passing Detroit around sunrise, so I headed there first.

She was almost at the bridge when I arrived.  So I didn't have much time for shots.
She was heading from Sarnia to Ashtabula (or at least that's what AIS said).  I think she may have stopped in Sarnia for fuel and then continued on her way.
I wasn't particularly happy about shooting into the sun, but I like the way the pictures turned out.  Especially after doing a little post processing on them.
Even though this was is kind of washed out, I do like it.
So then I took my drone up.  We had some pretty nasty thunderstorms on Friday and it was still windy.  My drone started to yell at me when I took her too far up.
But I was able to get it more towards the middle of the river.
I kind of like this one.  Again, I wish I wasn't shooting into the sun.  She is getting something from the Westcott.
The Westcott pulls away.
The Cuyahoga continues onto Ashtabula.

 

 

No comments: