Thursday, August 13, 2020

Now Presenting the Azoresborg

 Yesterday was my birthday, so  I decided to head up to Port Huron.  I saw that there was a pair of ships that I wanted to catch.  It as a pretty nice day, so I took the afternoon off.

The first ship that I saw was the Azoresborg.  She is owned by Wagenborg of the Netherlands.
She was built in 2010 at the Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard in China.  She has been strengthened to carry heavy cargoes.  She can carry container cargo if necessary.
She is 469 feet long by 70 feet wide and can carry 17,323 tons of cargo.
She was carrying windmill blades to Bay City.  There is a terminal in Bay City where they are in turn delivered to sites near Bay City (and possibly the rest of the state).
This load will make for quite a collection of windmills.
And I will have to say it looks pretty cool.
She makes the turn to leave the channel.
And then I decided to pull the drown out.  I realize that I still need quite a bit of practice with the drone.  I also realized that it was not as easy shooting from the drone is Port Huron as it was in Detroit.
I didn't get the almost beam shot I was looking for as I didn't pull the drone back far enough.  Although I might be able to adjust the camera to get different angles.
the ship starts to pull away.
She approaches the Blue Water Bridge.  I'll have to say that I really like this view.
A stern shot as she goes under.
 And one more shot from my normal camera.

 

No comments: