Monday, August 24, 2020

The Algoma Sault Passes By

 Next up was the Algoma Sault.

She is one of the newer ships on the Lakes.  I think she is less than two years old.
I'm not sure where she was coming from, but she was heading up to Goderich.  In fact, I think she made it there sometime yesterday and is out making a run again.
I think ships typically pick up salt in Goderich and I'm kind of surprised they would use such a new ship to do that.
Salt is hard on ships and will corrode their holds fairly quickly.  Although, it's entirely possible, Algoma Central anticipated she would be used for salt and built specially coated holds.  I think the Salarium from Canada Steamship had them.
Anyway, she was passing by.  Like many Canadian ships, she is pretty well used.
You can see scuff marks all over her hull but she doesn't look as bad as some other ships.
She passes Windsor.
I kind of like the shots I get here.
She starts to pass the distillery.
One more shot.
the almost beam shot.
She passes the church.
I decided to take to the air again.  I was still having issues so this was my last aerial shot for the day.
Back to my normal camera.
 and one more shot as she continues on her way.

No comments: