Friday, February 26, 2021

You Deserve a Break Today

This post should also be called the Return of an Old Friend because it is also the return of an old friend.  I had to take my mom to get a COVID test last night (she's negative which means I'm negative) and I decided to head over to the airport afterwards.  I saw that I was going to catch an old friend.

First up is the A330-900 or A330neo.  I'm not sure if I've posted one of these before, so I will go over the spiel when I post something new.
The operators of the A330 series were asking for a new design that would incorporate some of the improvements for the A350 and in 2014, Airbus undertook that operation.   It would be based on the A330-200 and -300 and would be known as the A330-800 and A330-900.  The -800 has a range of 8,150 nmi with 257 passengers and the -900 has a range of 7,200 nmi with 287 passengers.
The -900 made it's first flight on October 19, 2017 and received its EASA certification one year later.  It's first customer was TAP Portugal on November 26, 2018.  This plan looks like it incorporated quite a bit from the A350.  The cockpit looks like the A350 but you can tell it's an A330.
The engines are Rolls Royce Trent 7000 engines with 72,000 pounds of thrust.
This particular aircraft was built in Toulose, France and was delivered to Delta in June of 2019.
Next up was the old friend that was returning.
I think the last time I saw the Royal Jordanian 787 was before the pandemic.
I think Royal Jordanian stopped this service shortly after the pandemic started to blow up in March.
Service resumed sometime in October but I couldn't get out to catch it until now.
And I will have to say that I was happy to catch it again.  I love the looks of this livery.
It looks really good in the golden hour sunlight.
A beacon shot.
One more shot because I like this plane so much.
Next up was a CRJ-200.
This one was coming in from Ithaca, New York.
This was an A321.
It was coming in from Tampa.
Next up was an A321 belonging to Spirit.
This particular aircraft has the tail number of N664NK.  I found out tonight that the "NK" stands for "Ned's Kids".  The founder of Spirit was named Ned Homfeld.
He comes from Michigan and the airline was founded in Michigan but I think it is based elsewhere now.  And from the sounds of it, it is expanding.  I think I read somewhere that Spirit has one of the youngest fleets out there.  
This particular plane is coming in from LaGuardia.
Another plane that I was waiting for.
This is a 757-200.
And it was coming in from Atlanta.
It seemed like it had a pretty high angle of attack.
The angle of attack is the angle of the wing against the forward speed.  A high angle of attack helps with lift.  I think it might also help in windy situations and it was fairly windy last night.
One more shot.
It was followed by a 767.
This particular plane was coming in from Fort Myers.
It was pretty cool to see.
A beacon shot.
Almost beam shot.
And one more because I like this plane too.
I went over to the other side of the airport because there was one more plane I wanted to catch.  But this wasn't it.  This was a CRJ-900 coming in from Nashville.
And the other plane I wanted to catch.
This was a 757-200F and it belonged to Fed Ex.
It was coming in from Memphis.
Usually these come in from Indianapolis, so that kind of threw me for a loop.
The sky looked kind of cool.
I like clouds in my shots.
Except I got blue sky when it got to this angle.
One more because I like the 757.


No comments: