Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Algoma Discovery

Next up was the Algoma Discovery.  She wasn't too far behind the Manitoba.  I think the snow was getting a little thicker as she was starting to pass.  She is making her debut on this blog.
Unfortunately, I don't have alot of information on her.
She was built in 1987 in Croatia in Rijeka.   She can carry a little over 34,000 tons of cargo and is 729 feet long.
I believe she is a sister ship to the Algoma Guardian and the Algoma Spirit.
She is owned by the Algoma Central Corporation out of St. Catharines, Ontario.
Here she is as she passes by.
She's heading somewhere downriver.
And  I little farther away.  I kind of liked whatever was accumulating on the bow.  I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to see ships on the river.  I think they try to run until there is too much ice but it also depends on when they close the locks.

No comments: