Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Ice Tree on Belle Isle

The trivia question for the Pure Michigan facebook group today was about this tree.  I'd never seen it before but then again, I'd never really been on Belle Isle during the winter.  Based on the picture they showed, I had a pretty good idea where it was.
Something tells me this is just the beginning as the picture I saw had a quite a bit of ice on it.  They were still spraying water on the tree as I took this picture.
I will have to say that it looks pretty cool.  I kind of wish I had taken a picture of the grass around it as that was frozen as well.
Trying to get from another angle.  You can see more of the ice from here.
So I'll have to check this out a little later this winter.  Like I said, it gets a thicker layer of ice on it.  Today was actually cold enough that it was freezing.

No comments: