Sunday, September 27, 2020

An Algoma Equinox Sighting

 It wasn't too long for the next ship to appear. 

The ship in question is the Algoma Equinox and she is owned by Algoma Central.
As you can see, she is watering her decks.  It was warm enough yesterday that her deck would deflect upward because of heat deformation.  I think the Equinox ships are the first that I've seen equipped like this.
Because she doesn't have self unloading equipment, she is what is known as a straight decker.  I think that makes her a pretty nice looking ship.
Because of her configuration, she is used exclusively for grain trade.
She passes the BBC Echo.
While other aspects of Great Lakes trading is down, it doesn't seem like grain trade is down.
I think I've seen at least one grain boat everytime I've went out.
Her hoses don't look as extensive from the air.
It was getting pretty windy yesterday and it was hard keeping my drone on station.

The beam shot.
She passes by as she was heading to Port Cartier which is in Quebec.
I think that is about a three day journey for her.
Anyway, it was nice day for this.
And a further look down the river.
 

No comments: