Friday, September 11, 2020

Retour D'un Vieil Ami

 The title is French for the return of an old friend.  COVID has had an impact on many things but it has had a huge impact on air travel, especially when you consider that many countries have their borders closed.  I was happy to see on my spotting group that Air France is resuming it's normal flights to Detroit.  I was hoping to get a picture last week but the flight was arriving too late.  I couldn't pass up this week.

First up was a CRJ-200 coming in from Allentown, PA.
It was followed by a CRJ-900 from Baltimore.
And a CRJ-700 from Dulles Airport in Washington D.C.
Next up was a CRJ-900 from Montreal.
And then one from Toronto.
A beacon shot on an A321 from Atlanta.
Smoking the mains.
It makes a turn for the gate.
Another beacon shot.
This 757 was coming in from Louisville.  It was another flight I was waiting for but not the main subject of this post.
I liked the way it looked in this shot.
And smoking the mains as it touches down.
A Fed Ex 767 coming in on the other runway.  This plane was coming in from Memphis.
A Gulfstream V from somewhere.
It wasn't long before the main subject of this post appeared.
Her tail number is F-HRBE, so I will call this one Herbie the Love Plane.
It was arriving from Paris.  I'm not sure of the number of flights per week but I think there will be at least one on Thursday.
Another beacon shot.  I hope this means that the Royal Jordanian 787 will be returning soon.
I was lucky with smoke last night.

 And one more shot before heading home.

No comments: