Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Feed Me!

 As I said in the last post, I continued on my way.  I saw that I might be able to catch a couple of ships at either Algonac or Marine City.  First I stopped at my little pull off by Algonac State Park and I checked the AIS and I saw that I could still catch them at Marine City.  I would have stayed at the park but many of the areas where I take pictures from were under water.  So I headed up to Marine City.

There is a little park that is about a block away from Downtown Marine City.  It gives a pretty nice view of downbound ships.  Over the past couple of years, they've added parking, bathrooms and a pavilion.  This makes for a nice spot to watch ships although it's not so great for catching upbound ships.
The rust marks on the bow are the reason for the title of this post.  For some reason, it reminds me of a gaping shark mouth.  In fact, if they end up repainting her, I would love to see Algoma do a proper shark mouth but I don't think that they will.
The Algoma Mariner was heading down from Goderich which means that it was likely she was carrying salt.
She was heading down to Cleveland.  I'm kind of surprised as it didn't seem like we had that bad of a winter last year.
I wasn't able to get great drone shots because it was pretty windy out and my drone was yelling at me.
Plus the next ship was right behind her, so I took pictures of her.

No comments: