Monday, September 28, 2020

Return to Crosswinds Marsh

 After a stop at the airport, I decided to take my dad down to Crosswinds Marsh.  I'm not sure if he's been there or not and it's a pretty neat place that I should visit more often.

I was actually hoping to see an eagle there.  When I looked over to the nest, I didn't see one.  As I scanned the area, I saw this guy.  I wasn't sure it was an eagle until I saw it's white head.
One of the nice things about Crosswinds Marsh is that I can also do some aluminum birdwatching.  I wasn't paying attention to Flight Radar, so I don't know where this A321 was headed.
As I went back to the eagle, I heard a ruckus.
And it turns out it was a flock of Sandhill cranes leaving.
A pair of them.
And then a flock of Canada geese left.
so then I went back to the eagle.
And I caught an even larger flock of Sandhill cranes.
I like this shot.
A pair of them taking off.
Another angle as they passed.
And then I went back to the eagle.  I wish I had a bigger lens.
I think I would have needed about a 1200 mm though and I'm still not sure that would have been big enough.
One more shot of the eagle before leaving.
 

No comments: