Wednesday, September 9, 2020

And the Mighty Arthur M. Anderson

 After I decided to stay for the other ships, I figured I might as well stay for this one.  She was passing about 6 hours after I  arrived in Port Huron.  Normally, I would have several ships pass in that time but not on Saturday.  Oh well, I was able to play around with my drone and learn it a little better.

The Anderson was coming down from Duluth.  She was carrying a load of iron ore.
She was heading down to Conneaut.  I read a while ago, that Conneaut was having problems with its hoppers which is one of the reasons why the Blough is currently in layup.  With that, the Blough was pretty much limited to Gary.
It was nice to see the Anderson which is why I waited to catch her.
She is a nice looking ship and she has a special place on the Great Lakes.
A bow shot.
She makes the turn for the mouth of the St. Clair River.
One of the reasons that I like shooting up at Port Huron is because I get multiple angles.
You can see the Lake Erie to the left.
The sun was starting to set and that was giving me a nice sky.
She starts to make the next turn.
Which gave me different angles.
And the other headshot.
She makes the turn for the next part of the St Clair River.
And then I took my drone up.  This was the other reason I waited.  I wanted to get the Anderson with my drone.
It gives me a different perspective.
She makes the turn in front of me.  I like the fact you can see her wake behind and it shows the turn she made.
The beam shot.
She heads up the next part of the river.
I tried to follow her but I think she was faster than my drone.
I kind of like the stern shot from the air.
She gets dwarfed by the river.
The stern shot from my camera.
And one more.
 

No comments: