Sunday, September 20, 2020

Other Flying Things

 I saw that the Arthur M. Anderson was heading downbound today and I was seriously thinking about going to catch her but by the time I got ready, she would have been the only ship I would have seen.  For some reason, I didn't feel like driving up to Port Huron for one ship.  Plus, it was pretty windy as I was taking pictures of the vulture and I wasn't sure how the drone would handle it.  As it turns, I should have gone, the lighting would have been just about perfect.  I figured I needed pictures of something, so I decided to head over to the airport.

The planes were coming in from the south which meant either going to the parking garage or the industrial park west of I-275.  Since the planes I was interested in were coming in from the west, I decided for the industrial park.
This is one of the planes that I was hoping to catch.  Unfortunately, due to construction on I-94, I missed the 757 that was coming in from Seattle.
I almost missed this one as it was on final approach as I got out of the car.
Anyway, this plane was coming in from Los Angeles and I'll have to say, it was nice to see the 757 again.  I'm not sure where passenger travel is, but I have to believe it is still way down from pre-COVID days.  The fact that Delta is not seating passengers in the middle seat doesn't help as that brings the numbers down by a third even before other factors.  I read an article that said they needed the airplane to be about 60% full before the flight is profitable.  So if you're down a third, that doesn't help.
Anyway, enough about that.  The next plane was an A321 coming in from Salt Lake City.
And a Spirit Airlines A320Neo from Houston.
The neo represents of a new generation of the A320.  The engines are bigger and more efficient.  I think it was the aircraft that Boeing built the 737 MAX to compete with.  The different being was that the Airbus has room for the engines the grow and the 737 really doesn't.
It was followed by a Frontier Airlines A320neo.
This particular one was coming in from Las Vegas.
The animal on the tail is the bighorn sheep and is named Colorado.
 

No comments: